Mornington Peninsula Luxury Accommodation and Travel tips
What is luxury accommodation? Is it a 5 star hotel or is it personal attention and attention to detail? Is it bending over backwards to help you out? There are many ways to achieve a luxury style accommodation and travel experiences and it really depends on your idea of luxury. We consider our luxury accommodation Mornington Peninsula although the styles are all different our price, inclusions and attention to detail including our service set us apart.
Luxury is a word banded about far too much lately a bit like the word ‘unique’ – these words are open to interpretation. So what do we think you could do to achieve your luxury accommodation and travel experience. What about the following:
- Airport lounges are not just for first class passengers, they can be cost effective when set against the price of buying meals and drinks in an airport terminal. Some airlines will allow you to buy a day pass. Always worth asking? or if you travel a lot and like a particular airline then join. For the sake of membership free drinks and food often cover the cost compared to paying those high prices in the terminal.
- What do they say about “Honey” it attracts more bees? A pleasant manner and a few words of the local language, knowing how to say thank you and please will get you far and maybe even an upgrade.
- Consider an all-inclusive option. The upfront costs are higher, but there can be significant savings in the overall price of your holiday. And you know from the outset that all your essential costs are covered. Our Luxury Accommodation Mornington Peninsula is all inclusive so when you compare other self catering accommodation make sure that you consider if there are charges for bedlinen, towels, wifi, logs for the fire, basic kitchen items etc
- Be flexible. The greater your flexibility on travel dates, destinations, hotels and flight times, the more chance you have of grabbing a great deal on accommodation that is luxury. Especially midweek for longer stays there is a willingness of discounting heavily the longer you stay outside of season and midweek.
- If you want an accommodation upgrade – just ask but don’t be pushy this will get the operators back up and never argue. Mention its a special occassion if you need to – it can’t hurt – but isn’t always successful. You might gain a free bottle of champers but thats cool!
- Avoid hidden charges when renting accommodation by noting all services not included in the price, before you sign and check the cancellation policies. For self catering house rentals for example the cancellation policies are often non refundable and you could risk losing your deposit if you are not prepared to transfer to new dates with plenty of notice. These operators only have the one property if you are going to book it out then you prevent them from selling it to anyone else. You have to pay the price if you change your mind. Take out travel insurance to cover you in case of an emergency.
- For the best chance of fabulous last minute accommodation enquire later in the day possibly between 3pm and 5pm. Accommodation providers won’t know until later in the day if they will vacancies cancellations, so hold backand then negotiate.
- Join your favourite company’s loyalty programme – from flights to hotels and cruise companies – be sure to get your rewards.
- Know that hotel star ratings are not the be all and end all of finding a great hotel – dig into online reviews, features and blog posts to discover more.
- Luxury travel isn’t all about accommodation – perhaps staying in lower priced options, save on your stay and book other luxury experiences like spa days and gourmet meals instead.
- ALWAYS travel with insurance.
- Start by defining your sense of luxury travel. Is it about in-flight comfort, or stylish, ultra-comfortable accommodation, or luxury experiences?
- Travel out of season – hotels and airlines can dramatically reduce their prices during the off-season.
- Seek out promo codes – you can find discounts for hotels, airlines and other travel services online – which could help you save while you splurge.
- Luxury travel doesn’t fit into a hotel-shaped box. If you love camping – consider glamping, or glamorous camping instead.
- Arrive in style – many hotels offer transfers by limo. Alternatively you could book a private airport transfer to your accommodation. For Luxury Accommodation Mornington Peninsula and a personal transfer and travel experience then contact Luxury Accommodation Mornington Peninsula Experience and speak to Danielle.
- Sign up for the newsletters of daily deals websites. Many have excellent travel offers for local spa days to whole travel packages.