This week is a bit crappy…and that’s not just me feeling that is it? I have been trying…really trying to pull myself up by my bootstraps and get my positivity head on, but if I am honest, I am finding it a struggle. Perhaps we are going to have to step up the ‘self-care’ a bit to get through the next few weeks. Anything that helps us to appreciate the little things and live in the moment will help us feel better.
This expression jumped out at me this week. “Bloom where you are planted” Well we are certainly planted right now hahaha. This expression encourages us to look to take advantage of the opportunities we do have in life and be grateful for the present situation. It reassures us that there are many things we can to do to thrive even in circumstances that are not ideal. When I googled the phrase to see who’s quote it was I came across these three suggested steps.
Firstly, work on cultivating the right mentality. Try to appreciate the present and accept changes and setbacks.
Secondly, look for opportunity where you can. Take risks, make connections and work towards new things.
Lastly, make the most of each day. Try to be a positive force from one day to the next and eventually you will bloom.
This year has not gone the way anybody had planned, but it is in our ability to respond and to adapt to our circumstances, that is within our control.
A small shift or adaption in attitude will often help us to navigate things in a different way, so if you are feeling a little overwhelmed, disconnected, out of balance, use gentle attention to bring yourself back to the moment and reflect “How can I adapt this situation to shift or change a thought or feeling that isn’t supporting me?”
We know that what we focus on, expands, so we must be careful of where we let the mind dwell. Start to breathe energy into all of those small positive things that you ‘DO’ have in your life.
When we are ready to see and accept where we are planted, most of the work is done. The rest is simple, as your natural intelligence and wisdom will then take over and nourish and restore that something that is very magical inside of you.
Choose to bloom x
Blooming good ideas
|Another change on the list this week…ideas for blooming x|
- Can you feel that rising energy of Spring in the longer days, brighter mornings, softer evenings and in those magnificent blooms? Take time to sit in the transformation that is happening all around you, lift your face to the sun and soak up some vitamin D.
- Perhaps start some of those outdoor projects in your garden or courtyard. Even if you are not a gardener, making the most of your extra space will be such a bonus right now. I am looking to add a sail to our deck, so that we can sit out more often and I have my eye on an outdoor rug and some cute old-fashioned deck chairs.
- The scary thought of impending Summer clothes has got me planning to make some of my own. I used to make my own clothes and clothes for my kids when they were younger, but I am out of practice. There are now so many simple patterns you can buy online. Thinking something in linen…
- I think I’ve mentioned before that I am a bit of a course addict. I have so many courses on the go and I admit I don’t often complete them, before I am distracted by the next exciting thing to learn. There is always a take away from each course that takes you somewhere. This week’s course is learning to use Procreate and draw on my ipad. Here
- I am so tired of the same food!…this week I am trying a recipe for Beetroot and Goats Cheese Risotto (here’s the recipe if you fancy). Salad days are coming!
Hoping you have a blooming good week
The Team at Ocean Blue x