Purpose and scope
This policy sets out the responsibility of Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats to:
- recognise, promote and protect the client’s right to complain about
- any dealings with the company
- ensure an accessible and well published complaints process is in place
- recognise the need to be fair to both the complainant and the
- organisation or person complained about
- provide a mechanism for responding to complaints in a timely and
- courteous manner
- determine and implement remedies
- record, assess and review complaints on a regular basis to ensure
- responsiveness and on-going commitment to service improvement.
Complaints can be made:
- by letter – either through mail or email
- verbally – either in person or via phone(with follow up in writing)
- through comments and feedback on surveys or feedback forms.
Complainants may be guests, service providers, businesses, community organisations or anyone who is unhappy about any service provided.
Steps in making a complaint
Complaints while on holiday
Many complaints can be fixed by speaking with your staff member . Staff will endeavor to fix the problem quickly (within 24 hours) to ensure everyone enjoys a fun holiday. Tell our staff member about the problem as soon as possible. The sooner they know about the problem, the sooner they can try to resolve it.
Contact the Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats office and forward the complaint in writing. Please let the office know of the problem as soon as possible. The sooner they know about the problem, the sooner they can try to resolve it.
- Make the problem clear
Explain the problem as clearly as you can.
Try to include:
- what happened
- when it happened
- any paperwork or photographs
- how you think the problem can be fixed.
- What will Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats do?
- listen to your complaint
- gather relevant information and talk to all the people involved
- help you get answers to your questions
- try to resolve the problem
- deal with your problem in a professional manner as quickly as possible
- keep you up-to-date on how your problem is being dealt with and provide regular feedback to all involved
- strive to provide a mutually satisfactory resolution to the problem