Only a short drive from Lakes Entrance, Lake Tyers Beach is a great place to relax or enjoy the many outdoor activities that East Gippsland has to offer. Surf or learn how to, at the region’s most renowned surfing spot, Red Bluff. Go boating on the lake, explore the isolated beaches and lakeshores, or spot wildlife on one of the region’s walking trails. Lake Tyers is a popular fishing spot with plentiful supplies of prawns, crabs, flathead and bream; an annual bream fishing competition is held here each Easter. If you don’t catch your own, you can always find fresh fish and chips on the menu at the local hotel.
Things to do
- Indulge your senses by enjoying a wonderful meal at the local hotel within sight of the beach.
- Enjoy the Ninety Mile Beach where you can walk, surf, fish or just enjoy the sound of the crashing waves
- Fishing from the beach or in the backwaters will ensure you will catch a fish or three!
- Enjoy a walk around the town and take in all that nature has to offer
- With ample boat ramps, there are plenty of spots to get your boat in to get out and about on the water