Nicholson, Johnsonville and Swan Reach are three towns set on two rivers – the Twin Rivers of East Gippsland – and make an ideal spot for fishing and boating all year around. Nicholson offers the first glimpse of the Nicholson River, with its spectacular historical railway bridge and boats moored below.
A spectacular historical railway bridge with access to the renowned Rail Trail. Hire a boat in Johnsonville, launch your boat from the floating pontoon on the Tambo River or cast in a line to fish for your dinner. Swan Reach is also set on the banks of the Tambo River and offers picturesque coastal and river scenery.
Things to do
- Come and enjoy the view and a glass of wine at one of our many wineries. Enjoy a tasting at the cellar door and select one of the wineries medal winning wines to take home. Follow the farm food and wine trail to sample some of our local produce.
- Adjacent to the Nicholson River you can enjoy a meal and a drink at the local hotel.
- Johnsonville Jetty is a great place to stop where you can enjoy an amazing view up and down the river
- Throw a line in at any of the rivers where you are sure to catch a fish!
- Swan Reach has a local hotel right on the river for a great pub meal.
- Swim in the summer time in the Tambo and Nicholson Rivers and enjoy the natural beauty of these beautiful rivers.