Updated 8th July, 2020
|As suspected this week we are being challenged once more to accept a 6 week lockdown here in Victoria. As of Thursday the 9th of July, stays with us will be put on hold for the next 6 weeks. If you do have a booking within this time please be reassured that we will be in touch. We do ask that you be patient when waiting for a response. As we were overwhelmed with bookings at the easing of restrictions, we are now overwhelmed with enquiries about what to do regarding these bookings. We are dealing with emails as they arrive chronologically and we will be in touch as soon we can. |
If you would like more details about our cancellation policy I would like to refer you to our terms and conditions here, but would highlight these two points for your information.
‘If travel is restricted during the time of your booking, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats agrees to offer a full fee-free credit or future date change to apply at the same property as the current booking or a refund with a $66 administration charge. This policy will apply within the 7 days leading to booking, cancellations further out than 7 days will incur normal cancellation policies.’
‘Bookings made via 3rd party websites with held payments (AirBnB, Stayz) will incur the cancellation policy of the website booked. You will need to contact the 3rd party website to rearrange a booking or request a refund.’
YOUR COMFORT AND SAFETY WHEN STAYING WITH US
Cleanliness for your Stay
- During this Coronovirus time we have implemented a minimum 24 hour break between bookings. No one will visit a property within 24 hours of your arrival.
- All of our properties are professionally cleaned by our own team of housekeepers who have a very detailed cleaning process using commercial grade products. In addition to our usual high standard of clean our team has been instructed to focus around high touch areas including key safes, door handles, remote controls, light switches etc.
- We have decided to include hand sanitiser for guests to use in the property.
- All linen and towels are laundered in our commercial laundry (All Washed Out). Linen is washed between 34-65 degrees (depending on the items). Towels are tumble dried at over 70 degrees and all sheets, pillowcases and doona covers are dried from wet through a 160 degree roller iron. Commercial laundry detergent ensures the highest level of cleaning.
- We will now include one hand towel per guest so that each guest has their own towel to use during their stay.
Pool & Spa Hygiene
Current government guidelines state not to use spa facilities. It is possible to use a swimming pool, though for up to 20 people and as long as social distancing rules are followed.
Pools and spas continue to be maintained by our pool technician who has sought advice and recommendations from the Mornington Peninsula Shire in light of the Covid-19 pandemic and have been assured that all servicing carried out meets or exceeds these recommendations. For your peace of mind, we have listed below what is involved with these services.
Pool & Spa Servicing
- Check and adjust water level
- Chemically treat and high pressure clean cartridge filters
- Backwash sand filter – where fitted
- Brush pool/spa walls and vacuum floor
- Clear skimmer basket and pump lint pot – where fitted
- Conduct full water chemical analysis and adjust where necessary.
- Clean surrounding area
- Test all systems and equipment
- Ensure water sanitizer level is correct
In the interests of your health and well-being it is strongly recommended you observe the following when using spas and pools:
- Shower and wash thoroughly with soap before entering the pool or spa
- If you have any type of infection please consider the health of others by not using the pool or spa
- Avoid swallowing water whilst using the pool or spa
- Please do not allow pets to swim in the pool or spa
Restrictions and Cancellations
Should you make a booking and restrictions change again we will be offering guests the chance to move their booking to another time during the year, if they are unable to come and stay, or a refund if needs be. This will apply only within 7 days of arrival as the situation could change often.
We will continue to monitor developments and receive advice from the government, and will update this information on an ongoing basis.
Please be assured that we are making every effort to ensure your safety and comfort, but do ask that you to take into consideration that we are working with all of the information available to us during this unusual time. We very much hope you will enjoy your stay, whilst also adhering to government guidelines, and do want to remind you that coming to stay is at your own responsibility and risk.
If you have any queries please do get in touch via email and we will get back to you as soon as possible. [email protected]