COVID SAFE 2021
Covid Restrictions from 11.59pm 3rd June, 2021
Once again travel is restricted within Victoria due to the current Covid-19 snap lockdown. If you do have a booking with us between now and 12th June 2021 we will be in touch with you to rearrange your booking dates or offer a refund where necessary.
Please find attached link with guidelines for current restrictions for Victoria here.
Please also find a link to the statement made by the acting Victorian Premier. This includes a table of current restrictions for your information. Link here
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) get tested and stay home. Stay at home if you feel unwell.
Our cancellation policy
If you would like more details about our cancellation policy I would like to refer you to our terms and conditions here, but would highlight these two points for your information.
‘If travel is restricted during the time of your booking, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats agrees to offer a full fee-free credit or future date change to apply at the same property as the current booking or a full refund. This policy will apply within the 7 days leading to booking, cancellations further out than 7 days will incur normal cancellation policies.’
If the number of guests booked to stay at a property exceed the current guidelines (e.g the booking family + 5 guests) then the amount of guests staying needs to be reduced to comply with current Covid regulations.
‘Bookings made via 3rd party websites with held payments (AirBnB, Stayz) will incur the cancellation policy of the website booked. You will need to contact the 3rd party website to rearrange a booking or request a refund.’
Our housekeeping and cleanliness policy
All of our properties are professionally cleaned by our own team of housekeepers who have a very detailed cleaning process using commercial grade products. In addition to our usual high standard of clean our team has been instructed to focus around high touch areas including key safes, door handles, remote controls, light switches etc.
We have decided to include hand sanitiser for guests to use in the property.
All linen and towels are laundered in our commercial laundry (All Washed Out). Linen is washed between 34-65 degrees (depending on the items). Towels are tumble dried at over 70 degrees and all sheets, pillowcases and doona covers are dried from wet through a 160 degree roller iron. Commercial laundry detergent ensures the highest level of cleaning.
We will now include one hand towel per guest so that each guest has their own towel to use during their stay.
Pool & Spa Hygiene
Pools and spas continue to be maintained by our pool technician who has sought advice and recommendations from the Mornington Peninsula Shire in light of the Covid-19 pandemic and have been assured that all servicing carried out meets or exceeds these recommendations. For your peace of mind, we have listed below what is involved with these services.
Pool & Spa Servicing
- Check and adjust water level
- Chemically treat and high pressure clean cartridge filters
- Backwash sand filter – where fitted
- Brush pool/spa walls and vacuum floor
- Clear skimmer basket and pump lint pot – where fitted
- Conduct full water chemical analysis and adjust where necessary.
- Clean surrounding area
- Test all systems and equipment
- Ensure water sanitizer level is correct
In the interests of your health and well-being it is strongly recommended you observe the following when using spas and pools:
- Please do not alter the temperature of the spa. Temperatures are preset to a safe and comfortable level and designed to maximum sanitisation levels. Any temperature changes made can lead to ineffective sanitisation and could pose a health risk.
- Recommended length of usage for a spa is 30 minutes and all guests using pools and spas do so at their own risk.
- Shower and wash thoroughly with soap before entering the spa
- If you have any type of infection please consider the health of others by not using the spa.
- Avoid swallowing water while using the spa.
- Please do not allow pets to swim in the pool or spa
We will continue to monitor developments and receive advice from the government, and will update this information on an ongoing basis.
Please be assured that we are making every effort to ensure your safety and comfort, but do ask that you to take into consideration that we are working with all of the information available to us during this unusual time. We very much hope you will enjoy your stay, whilst also adhering to government guidelines, and do want to remind you that coming to stay is at your own responsibility and risk.
If you have any queries please do get in touch via email and we will get back to you as soon as possible. email@example.com