Family and Pet Friendly Accommodation Victoria
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats Holiday Rentals - Booking Terms and Conditions
All bookings and tariffs are subject to change without notice.
All bookings and deposits received are subject to the landlords’ approval and receipt of deposit monies.
All quoted tariffs are inclusive of a booking and service fee of between $44 and $99, depending on the property.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payments received will confirm you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions and that you agree to the Mornington Peninsula Short Stay Rental Accommodation Local Law.
- Visa (a credit card fee applies)
- Mastercard (a credit card fee applies).
- American Express (a credit card fee applies)
*If paying by BPAY a credit card will be requested to be held as security during your stay. Please note: If you add your credit card details online, a pre-authorisation amount of $1 will be automatically placed on your card to confirm the card is valid. This will automatically be released by your bank in 7-14 days.
A payment plan offers you the opportunity to make regular payments on your Booking. These payments are automated and taken at set intervals by our gateway provider.
- Payment plans are ONLY available for online bookings.
- Payment plans are ONLY available for credit card payments.
- A minimum of 3 payments are required and can be set to be
- An administration fee of $2.00 per transaction will apply.
- Cancellation insurance is NOT available for payment plan bookings.
- Payment Plans will only be offered to guests if it fits within the appropriate timeframe for your chosen payments.
- Credit card details can be edited on an existing Payment Plan. You can also replace the current payment method with a new credit card.
- Once created, a payment plan cannot be edited. You are not able to change the payment amount, a number of instalments, next payment date or billing cycle.
- Payment plans can be cancelled if required, however, please note that new payment plans can only be created when making a booking online. Should you cancel a payment plan on an existing Booking, you will not be able to re-instate or create a new plan for the same Booking.
- You can change the credit card or bank account attached to the plan by editing the credit card / direct debit authorisation on the Guests profile
Payment Plan -Declined Payments
- If the initial credit card payment is declined the booking will fail and the dates will NOT be reserved.
- If any of the following payments decline, you will receive an email notification.
- We will NOT attempt to re-take a declined payment. However, the remainder of the payment plan will proceed as normal. When the next payment is due, the Guests' credit card will be charged the next payment amount.
If you do not choose a payment plan then to confirm an accommodation booking, a deposit of 50% for the total accommodation or package is required. The booking will be confirmed via email on receipt of the deposit.
Full and final payment for the holiday booking is required 30 days prior to the commencement of the holiday. If the outstanding balance has not been received by the 30th day prior to the booking commencement date, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats reserve the right to cancel the booking without notice and the guest will forfeit the deposit. Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats reserves the right to pre-authorise your credit card prior to your arrival.
You give us preauthorization to debit your credit card up to $1000.00 should we need to without notice to remedy any damages or repairs, replace missing household items, as a result of excess cleaning, the removal of garbage and debris from the property, to recover expenses as a result of excessive usage or as a result of breaches of the terms and conditions.
In the event of an account being in default and being referred to an external party for collection, the customer shall be liable for all resulting costs arising from the recovery, including commission which would be payable if the account is paid in full and legal costs including demand costs.
Where a change to your travel arrangements is permitted and possible, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats charge a fee of $55.00 to apply in addition to any additional charges. By confirming the booking, you are accepting the (additional) specific conditions relating to your chosen dates /accommodation.
All deposits and payments are not refundable. We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about the services you asked for.
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats strongly recommends that you obtain travel insurance and will not be held responsible for costs, loss of deposits and payments made or other fees incurred due to cancellations resulting from but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule or from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control.
Where a guest elects to cancel their booking, any monies paid will be forfeited in lieu of the property being re-let for the same period for a similar amount. If the arrival date is greater than 90 days, the guest may elect, subject to availability, to move the booking to a later date (within the following 2 months of the original arrival date). We advise guests to consider taking out travel insurance to cover cancellations.
We will make every effort to re-let the property for the same amount within the given time frame and if successful, will refund to the booking party all monies paid less an administration fee of $110 which covers the booking administration fee and any credit card charges. If the booking was made via an agent online direct booking, the service fee charged to us will be charged to the guest by the Agent in addition to the $110 cancellation fee.
COVID 19 - SPECIAL CONDITIONS
For an unknown period, the conditions below may override some standard terms & conditions. All other standard terms & conditions will apply.
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats will follow all government or council initiated restrictions applying to the Mornington Peninsula Shire and East Gippsland Shire.
This policy will apply within the 7 days leading to the booking only. Cancellations further out than 7 days will incur normal cancellation policies.
In the event of government enforced travel restrictions, including travel advisories and restrictions, health advisories and quarantines, changes to applicable law and other government mandates such as evacuation orders, border closures, prohibitions on short-term rentals, and shelter-in-place requirements or transportation cancellations, the following will apply:
- IF travel is restricted prior to your arrival for ALL guests during your booking dates, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats agrees to allow one of the following:
- a full fee-free credit note (to apply at the same property as the current booking) OR
- a future date change (to apply at the same property as the current booking) OR
- a full refund less a $66 administration charge
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats must be provided with written proof of your imposed restriction before any credit notes, date changes or refunds can be given.
- IF travel is restricted for only SOME of your guests before your arrival date, our standard terms and conditions will apply and you will not be entitled to a special cancellation policy or refund.
- IF travel is restricted during your booking AND you have already arrived at the property, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats agrees that you can remain in the property until your departure date. Should you choose to leave early to return home during this period, no refund, future date change or credit note shall be given.
- For group bookings that exceed current government regulations on household numbers, the group will be required to reduce their guest numbers accordingly but will not be entitled to a special cancellation policy or refund.
Bookings made via 3rd party websites with held payments (eg AirBnB) will incur the cancellation policy of the website booked. Guests will need to check the relevant 3rd party website policies for details.
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats will ask guests to agree to amendments to our standard agreement to assist in protecting our guests, our team & our community. This will include but not be limited to :
- Guests must scan the QR code at the property to check in and register their attendance at the property for COVID tracing.
- Guests agree to maintain required visitor numbers to the household at all times based on state regulations.
- Guests do not attend the accommodation if they are ill or show signs of illness.
- There will be a gap of at least 24 hours between bookings during the presence of Covid-19 to ensure the completion of strict cleaning & linen protocols.
- The use of outdoor heated spas at properties are not allowed under current regulations.
NATURAL DISASTERS AND WARNINGS
In the event of a natural disaster interrupting your ability to remain safely at your accommodation or arrive at your destination, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats will issue full refunds minus the non-refundable booking fee. Refunds will not be issued if your property resides in an area deemed safe and if your travelling path is unrestricted.
In the event of a declared 'CODE RED' day impeding travel to the area, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats agrees to refund payment made for the day that travel is not recommended. It is anticipated that if the following day offers downgraded warnings or restrictions, the booking will continue as normal. Alternatively, if guest's do not wish to travel the following day on their own account, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats agrees to offer a transfer of dates for the same length stay at a later date.
In the event of a declared 'CODE RED' day, while guests are in attendance, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats agrees to offer a refund of the remaining stay if a guest feels they do not wish to stay in the region.
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats takes no responsibility for the safety & wellbeing of guests while in residence at the time of any natural disasters or events. Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats will, however, endeavour to provide as much communication and local information to guests as possible. It is 100% the guest's responsibility to make all decisions & choices regarding their safety and plans.
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats will not offer any refunds or transfers for any other inconvenient weather - such as rain, lack of snow, heat without fire warnings, wind etc.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
We will notify you via SMS as soon as the property is available on your day of arrival. This will be sometime before 2 or 3 pm depending on the property. (1st DECEMBER TO 31st JANUARY arrival time can be as late as 4 pm).
Departure time is 10 am. Early checkins and Late checkouts are offered to our loyalty members only subject to availability.
NO LATE CHECKOUTS ARE PERMITTED between 1st December to 31st January.
Conditions of use for accommodation
The Owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However, the Owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
WIFI GENERAL USAGE
Free data is available for reasonable usage.
Please note - should the wifi not be available due to technical or service issues NO COMPENSATION will be given.
LOGS AND KINDLING
Where properties have log fires, a fire starter pack can be purchased for an additional fee, which includes logs, kindling, paper and fire starters. Logs can also be purchased from the local service station if required.
The property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. In particular;
- dishes need to be washed, properly dried and stacked away or dishwasher emptied,
- BBQ Clean
- all rubbish removed from the property and placed into appropriate garbage bins provided. It may be a requirement to take rubbish bins out for collection if you are staying in the property on a collection day, check the collection day in the property compendium, failure to do so will incur $30 per bin fee which will be deducted from your bond.
- Pet Owners - please check gardens and pickup anything left by your pet.
- Pet owners - excessive cleaning of hair on furniture or bedding may also incur a cost.
- If any or all of these items are not attended to a minimum $75.00 or the additional cleaning time required to bring the property up to standard will be deducted from your credit card or be otherwise recoverable from you.
A mobile phone number must be provided and be contactable when occupying the residence 24/7 for security purposes.
NO SCHOOLIES BOOKINGS PERMITTED or bookings for groups under 28 years of age.
NUMBER OF GUESTS
Should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Bookings will be made for the maximum number of guests you require to stay at the property at any time regardless of the number of days your additional guests choose to reside with you. We will not breakdown the cost of the bookings based on individual days for individual guests. NO DAY GUESTS ARE PERMITTED.
Guests are at no time permitted to erect swimming pools, inflatable play equipment, shade tents, camping equipment, park caravans or such like on the property which will constitute grounds for re-entry, eviction and forfeiture of security bond.
NOISE, PARTIES, BEHAVIOUR
Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly, this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments.
The accommodation is for registered guests only. Parties are not permitted under any circumstances and there is to be no noise audible between 10 pm to 8 am and no excessive noise at any other time. Evidence of parties/use as party venue the bond will be forfeited in full.
A $100 deduction will be charged with each security or caretaker callout. If after one warning for noise and behaviour property manager or its representatives has reasonable grounds to believe that the property is being damaged, at-risk or guests and visitors are in breach of the Terms and Conditions, the property manager has the right to inspect the property, vacate the property of guests and visitors and retain the security deposit.
DAMAGES, BREAKAGES, LOSS
Damages, breakages or loss to or from the property are the tenants' responsibility during their stay. Tenants shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred as a result of such damage, breakages or loss. Without prejudice to any other remedies available, Owner shall be entitled to have recourse to the security bond to cover such costs and expenses and/or debit any credit card used to make the principal payment. In addition, a $50 - $150 maintenance will be charged for Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats.
KEYS - loss of keys/remote controls are charged at $110.
FURNITURE must note be moved from its original position to avoid damage.
LOSS – the owners take no responsibility for your or your guests’ or invitees’ personal property during your stay or items left at properties on departure. It is recommended that all guests and visitors purchase travel insurance to protect against loss of belongings, cancellations, injury and death.
Property managers will endeavour to describe the property and its position to the best of their ability and in good faith. We do not take any responsibility for incorrect descriptions or omissions and will not be held liable should the property not match your expectations.
Two cars only are allowed per property and parking is permitted only in allocated parking bays. Please do not park on the nature strips.
A full book of instructions is supplied in each property detailing how all the appliances work etc. If you require a member of staff to assist with any problem during your stay a $100 attendance fee may be incurred if the problem is not a fault in appliances or utilities etc.
GARDENS, POOL AND MAINTENANCE
Our gardening and maintenance staff may require access to the gardens and property during your stay, we ensure these visits are kept to a minimum but are sometimes unavoidable to ensure the high maintenance of the property. Should maintenance need to enter the property we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible.
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats is strictly NO SMOKING indoors. Guests found smoking will be asked to leave and all additional cleaning and deodorizing costs will be charged. Any damage caused by smoking will also result in extra charges.
POOLS AND SPAS
- Settings for any pool or spa are automated and set by our pool and spa technician before all guest arrivals. Settings including temperature are preset at a safe and comfortable level and designed to maximum sanitisation. Any temperature changes made by the guest can lead to ineffective sanitisation levels and pose a health risk. Any guest who tampers with the pool or spa settings will lose their bond.
- Recommended length of usage for a spa is 30 minutes and all guests using pools and spas do so at their own risk.
- Shower and wash thoroughly with soap before entering the spa
- If you have any type of infection please consider the health of others by not using the spa.
- As stated above in "Noise, Parties, Behaviour" we ask you not to use the pool after 10:30 pm and before 8 am as a courtesy to neighbours.
- Should the pool be unusable for up to 24 hours due to routine maintenance, no compensation will be given. We endeavour to ensure that maintenance disruptions are kept to a minimum.
- Never allow the water level to drop below the filter box, this could cause irreparable damage (damage caused will be deducted from your security bond – heater replacement is up to $4000.00)
- Never put any bubble bath, detergent, oils or dyes in pools or spas as they stain the surface and clog the filters. The pool will be tested after you leave and any maintenance required will be deducted from your bond (average cost to drain and clean is $1000.00).
- Food or drink is NOT permitted in the pool. Glass is strictly prohibited as broken glass in the pool will require the pool to be drained and cleaned – $1000.00 fee)
- Never allow pets into the pool and keep pets away from the pool area. Pets in a pool are equivalent to a large number of people (30 – 40) being in a pool. It will immediately affect the chlorine levels and make the pool unsafe to swim in. The water will become cloudy and pool maintenance and cleaning supplies will be necessary to rebalance the level. The pool may then not be available to you or following guests during a period of time. Compensation to following guests is costly and all expenses will be deducted from your bond.
- CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES WHEN IN THE SPA AND POOL
Pets are only allowed where specific arrangements have been made prior to arrival. In those instances…
- Please bring your own bedding and bowls for your pets.
- Do not allow pets on bedding and furniture.
- Do not lock pets inside while you are out. We do not take responsibility for pets left in courtyards or fenced gardens, you must do so at your own risk.
- Constant barking and/or howling is not acceptable. Complaints from nearby residents and guests will be referred directly to the owners, including the matter of refunds due to early departures.
- Please check the courtyards and garden areas thoroughly before you leave and clean up any messes left by your pets. Failure to do so will mean you incurring additional charges.
- Your pets are an extension of you. You will be charged for any damage at the property including damage done to plants, driveways, irrigation systems, hosepipes, outdoor furniture etc caused by your pets. Providing pet-friendly property does not mean that your pets can cause damage and disruption to outdoor areas.
We understand not all pets are created equal so if you are unsure about any of the above conditions please talk to us first if you have any hesitations, we can advise you on the type of gardens at our properties to ensure your pet is safe and the owner's property is respected.
Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing.
CANCELLATION BY THE PROPERTY PROVIDER
In the event that the property is withdrawn by the property owner, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats will endeavour to locate a property of equivalent specifications. However, should the alternative property be unavailable or unsuitable, the guest will receive a full refund.
PROBLEMS AND COMPLAINTS
In the event of a problem or complaint, you must inform Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats immediately so management has the opportunity to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible within reasonable time. Failure to follow this procedure may hinder the ability to rectify the problem or complaint and will extinguish any claim for compensation.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you acknowledge that if we are able to solve a problem within 24 hours then you are not due a refund.